Saturday, April 10, 2010

We Made It!


Prepare yourselves, this is about to turn into a travel blog. Upon Chelsea's suggestion (Chelsea you're a genious) we brought along a mini computer as our travel guide/flight booker/telephone and now blogger. For now we have internet so it's our little buddy.

Arrived in BA two (or three?) days ago and it is fantastico. Teri is trying to speak a ton of Spanish to me so my brain is currently throbbing, but I've already learned a lot and I even dare to talk to locals from time to time (as in say hello I mean).

We're staying with THE nicest people. A friend of Teri's aunt has an apartment here where her daughter currently lives while going to design school. They both act like we've all been friends forever and we have a lot of fun together. We went out with Rose (the daughter) last night and all of her Dominican friends (that's where she's from) and they don't go out to the clubs till 3 or 4! No joke. Teri and I showed up ready to go at like midnight at her friends apartment and then were so beat by 3 that we only lasted about an hour before we lost our groove.

Besides this we have been wondering through busy streets, through beautiful plazas and historic buildings. Going to some cool markets today. Everything is going swell and Teri is my golden ticket because she is the translator. If you ever want to ditch the US of A for a bit and head south you'll know where to find us!

Chau for now!

8 comments:

alyson said...

OMG! Keep the posts coming! I want to hear about everything. You and Teri are prob the dream team. Wishing I could tag along. I miss you guys! Much love from up north.

Allison said...

Can't wait for some more posts/pics. I will vicariously live through you.

lbb said...

YAHOO! I'm so so glad you'll be reporting your adventures.
We miss you like ca-razee!
You have been so dear to the boys and they love their jessica treasures.
We'll for sure be "living thru you"!
Oh, and I hear you did a fan-tast-ical job in NYC...not surprised! Great job! You are too humble and too talented for your own good.
BTW...when you're not rich and famous and traveling like a rock star, I have a proposal for you about an art piece for my home!
Oh, ya....
love you to bits and pieces!
s, l, c, j, r

lauren ann said...

can't wait to hear about all your adventures... what a hook up you have!

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

jess... this is the strangest coincidence... my friend zach... who you almost met in new york is in Buenos Aires right now too. He's there because our film got accepted into BAFICI which is a huge film festival there. Would you be interested in seeing it and meeting up with zach? He's a fellow ex-new yorker who speaks the language. let me know and i'll put you guys in touch. Miss you!

The Neil said...

Jess, this is the strangest coincidence, but I don't know ANYONE in Buenos Aires!!! But... I am stoked you have a computer, and link to the blog-o-sphere down there! Keep us up to date, be safe, and most importlantly... HAVE FUN!!

amanda james said...

yah! I'm so excited for you guys! How are the cute argentina boys? you look so cute, I'm so happy to see you brought that american apparel scarf. genius! please write more on your travel blog and more more more pictures. pleasey.

chelsea b james said...

hip hip! i'm so glad you brought your best friend{ i'm noit talking about terry, but your other best friendy... the computer} so we can all be updated. i'm so jealous. miss you, can't wait to see more