Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sooooo, mini computer already crashed. Turns out the NYC Craigslist special wasn´t what it was cracked up to be. Luckily uncle Gabriel (who lives here with Rose) happens to fix computers for a living is working on it and is letting us borrow his mini computer which has a spanish key pad. Now I´ll have a legit excuse for my poor grammar.
BA is very cool and interesting. The people aren´t espcially friendly, to be honest, but that said we have met a handful of gems. First off the people we´re staying with are unreal. They are so good to us and Rose, who is 20, is super sweet and fun to hang out with. We kick it with her whenever she´s not in school.

One thing about BA that´s so funny is that this place never sleeps. It´s 1:30 am and we can hear someone in the aparment building is playing a piano, yes, a piano. We haven´t had dinner before 9 o´clock since we´ve been here and it´s totally acceptable to wake up at noon. This is my kind of town.

Today Teri and I went to this famous old cemetary to walk around, take pictures and do some drawing. After wards we took the long way to the next area we wanted to go to and stumbled upon a lot of good stuff. Old ladies excersizing in the park, a botanical garden that for some reason is full of cats (and I mean FULL of cats), drummers at another park, lots of interesting things. Teri is my perpetual spanish sounding board. She´ll teach me all day and not get sick of explaining things which keeps me pretty entertained. We´ve eaten more empinadas and icecream than any two people should, but we´re just living it up while we can.

Anyways, stuffs is good. Love you all. Chau Chau.

3 comments:

Sarah M said...

sounds fantastic. i hope you are keeping a journal, too, or something. these memories can be so fleeting.

chelsea b james said...

i miss BA. it sounds dreamy!

amanda james said...

sounds so dreamy! Seriously, hat is my kinda town. Sounds so much like my schedule right now, even though I don't admit it to many. you best have taken pictures of that park...