Thursday, April 15, 2010



Today we went to a movie of a friend (Zach) of a friend (Dusty) who just happens to have a film (Bummer Summer)in a festival (BAFICI) that just happens to be going on right now in BA. Magically it all worked out, we made it to the movie AND ran into Zach (the producer) on the street outside of the movie theatre. I only recognize him from his blog posts that Dusty has shown me, so hopefully I didn't freak him out too much being being one of those people who comes up to you in a foreign country and knows all about you.

It was well worth it to check this out. First off it was fantastic to listen to english for a few hours. Also, I followed the production of this film a bit on their blog and I really loved the aesthetic of the photography on the blog. To my pleasant surprise the film was like one beatiful photograph after another, really fun to see. Also, another friend, Elna, that I know from New York just happened to be in the film too, which was filmed and took place in Oregon/Washington - weired.



Some lovely shots from the film below. . .





All in all it was pretty great.

1 comment:

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

Jess... i'm glad you were able to make it. That's crazy that you know elna. When we were shooting her scenes i kept thinking about how much she reminded me of you. I think I may have even told her that. Crazy to think that you two know each other.