Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Don't Be Scared, this Might Seem Random

This is going to be a random thought, especially since I do realize that my last post was me pressumably comparing myself to super models. Kind of pathetic, anyway...
So, as you all know, I'm born and raised Mormon girl from Salt Lake. I moved to Ny about nine months ago and since then, especially in the last 3 months I have been ridiculously busy - loving it, but busy. Any how, there have been many things monoplizing my time - church has not been one of them. I am not uninterested in it, just easily distracted and over whelmed. Anyway, so my parents - who are never slow to help me out when it comes to these things, sent me a link to Confrence talks held over a week ago in SLC, which I didn't over hear while they were actually being given. So while getting things done I put one on to check it out. So happens it was a talk given by President James E. Faust. Pardon my lack of experience and knowledge on him, but he gave the chillest talk (sorry for the slang, but I couldn't think of a better way to say it). He was talking about forgivness. It's not that I have a thing about holding grudges. I think I was drawn to it since I just felt like he really believes in what he's talking about, and I think I do to. It's funny how distinct the voices of Confrence talkers are for me. They're very familiar, sometimes it ends up giving me a hint of anxiety (probably memories of feeling forced to listen to them hours on end) but this time it was so nice to hear it, like I was listening to my grandpa or something, and that was a good thing. Anway, if you have time, I think this guy's cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess, I agree this talk was amazing and fabulous. I really enjoyed listening to it. I also liked Elder Richard G. Scott's talk. If you have a minute you should read this one as well. It was excellent!