Tuesday, April 28, 2009

to iphone or not to iphone . . .


So the silver brick is dead.  I think it got wet, or maybe it just died painlessly in it's sleep, but either way I guess I'm going to have to replace it.  As it happens my current contract is up by Thursday, so I have approximately 2 days left to decide just how I want to do that.

I have been considering the almighty iphone and I'll tell you why - 

1. I'm away from the computer running errands and what not most of the time for work, and it would be nice to have access to the internet and email when I'm out and about.

2. Having a quality camera on my phone would be really helpful for work (and play of course)

3. They're pretty and fun to play with

4. It would be wicked awesome to look up phone numbers, addresses, and directions while out and about (see #1)

5. I could keep track of my hours on the calendar that could synk up to my computer

6. I could write off the cost of it as a business expense

CONS

1. It would cost me about $25 extra bucks a month for the plan I need

2. It's a baby computer asking to be broken by me

3. When I send messages from my phone it would say "sent from my iphone"

4. I could potentially spend way too much time messing around with apps

5. I could turn into even more of a facebook looser

Anything to add? Would this be a mistake?


10 comments:

lbb said...

You can turn off the "sent from my iphone" signature on all your messages. Of course some people with personality disorders like that...

Sarah M said...

go for it. i'm thinking of getting one for nick since you can run credit cards on it... sick.
did you know that it is an extra $30 a month on top of your plan? Just sayin' but I still think you should take the plunge.

lbb said...

that was sid who posted that first comment.
i do think you'd love the iphone. i always steal sid's...
DO IT!

Unknown said...

One day, when I was asking the whereabouts of a certain store and no one knew, a man reminded me: "well, you do have God and all his answers in your pocket."

Allison said...

iphone. Hands down.

I have "sent from my iphone" turned off on my phone. (Guess that means I don't have a personality disorder, or so I would like to think)

It is so worth the extra $30.

jmb said...

done and done - iphone here i come!

chelsea b james said...

do it girl

amanda james said...

get it girlfriend. if you go to asia, you can get all the apps you want at your fingertips for like $2! (cubby did it and was like giddy for 2 days).

JD and Lindsay said...

I am reading your blog from my iPhone right now get it

farn said...

i think you should go for it...i want an iphone so bad!