Friday, April 3, 2009

Has Anyone Seen This?

This is my new favorite T.V. show - and I know I epicley don't have great taste in what the boobe tube has to offer (i.e. So You Think You Can Dance, The Girls Next Door, and America's Next Top Model to name just a few of my favorites), BUT I'm telling you this one is worth it.



sexy promo pic


30 Days with Morgan Spurlock (made famous by "Super Size Me") is an hour long show on FX (I have only watched it on Hulu though) where Spurlock, the host, will submerge himself into the culture and/or life of a certain group of people.

This is pretty much my dream because I am a curious cat and I would love to be a fly on the wall in so many circumstances.  Yet, Spurlock is no fly - he's full on experiencing this stuff and giving the inside perspective.  The last one I saw was 30 days in prison and it was kind of amazing.  I had no idea what it is they can or can't do in prison.

So I'm a sucker for documentaries, I'm always interested in seeing things that I don't usually get to and this show is a good one for that.  The other nice thing about the style and format of the show is that they are pretty open to both sides of the arguments they are confronting - and I appreciate that.



30 Days Working in Coal Mine


30 Days within the Indian Nation


30 Days Living with a Same Sex Couple

3 comments:

Sarah M said...

dang, that looks good i will have to hulu it sometime. i love that kind of stuff, too. i think it would be a little dream of mine to see how everyone lives such different lives.
ps your spelling of especially at the top is beyond awesome. it is why i love you.

Allison said...

Based on the shows you listed I have the same taste in tv shows as you do, so I am going to tune in.

Ashley said...

I love it! You are hilarious. I have loved Girls next door and Bri let me borrow all the seasons while on bedrest. It was my escape from the real world.