Monday, October 15, 2007

Sam Oakes

I met Sam in Laos what seems like was a way long time ago. Lauren and I met him and a buddy of his while we were traveling. He was such a genuine, quiet cool guy.

His story was that he was from England, he was a photographer, and that he was traveling to build up a portfolio and his dream was to get photos into National Geographic.

At the time it sounded like a far fetched dream, but a cool one.


Came across Sam again via email/face book and voila - he got his wishes!
I think he has some great images and he even got some into National Geographic. Rock on. Check him out if you have the time.






3 comments:

Allison said...

You know so many amazing people and you do so many amazing things!

jmb said...

when you're not running your own business, putting your husband through law school, and taking care of awesome little tikes it's a lot easier!
You amaze me.

lauren ann said...

YEAH that just made my day. Love this bloak. I am so happy his living his dream