Sunday, October 14, 2007

Red Hook

Last week I dog sat for Carly (my rad boss) and Fritz (her rad boy/fiance) out in Red Hook. I lived their life for like 2 1/2 days and now I basically want to be them. I'll tell you why; They both run their own businesses out of their warehouse/apartment in a chill area between Carroll Gardens and Red Hook.{his business: art shipping and delivery. hers: interior design} They also have a car (I can admit it does make me jealous even though I have enjoyed not having one, it helps that it's a Mercedes SUV)
So here is the number one reason I loved living their life - Gus and Otto. This is Gus.
This is where I walked with the pups.

All weekend I walked the dogs in the morning, fed them, took them out to do their business - then did the same at night. I totally felt like a mom. I went into the city both days because I had other obligations too and I felt sooo guilty the whole time. I couldn't stop thinking about the dogs. All I wanted to do was get back to them to let them out of their crates and see if they had to go to the bathroom or they were hungry. I even left my friends birthday party early because I couldn't take it.
This is a cute little jewelry shop in Red Hook that I don't understand how it can survive because. It's so awesome, but in the middle of nowhere.

The pier in Red Hook.

Otto, the most beautiful German Shepard puppy in das world, he was not very photogenic, too busy.

So if you make it to Brooklyn you should check out Red Hook. I highly recommend it.

5 comments:

drew said...

I want Gus!

jmb said...

That's it, I'm buying you a Gus for Christmas.

The Neil said...

Red Hook looks pretty eclectic. If you get Andrew a Gus for Christmas, will you get me a Mercedes SUV? Oh, that is so nice of you.

baughtronic said...

All I need is the warehouse apartment in New York. You can live there too.

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

I just want the Eames chair.