Tuesday, October 9, 2007



Not yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that, but the day before that Christy, Andrew, and I converged in NYC for a weekend of awesomeness (which I am still soar from). That's all I'm going to say. Not really though - you know I'm more long winded than that!

This excitement after a week home running mad to get Paige's wedding together. Helps explain the 8 hour nap I took after getting home from school yesterday at 4:30 p.m. A nap that was closely followed by peanut butter and honey and banana sandwich, which was followed by an episode of the Gilmore Girls (don't tell anyone, but yes I brought the 3rd season home with me from Paige's collection), which was followed by 9 more hours of sleep.

The three of us waiting for the subway. Some how is this the only pic I have of all three of us? Good thing we are looking so hot and energetic.

I'm so lucky to have friends that are willing to brave my apartment and the New York Streets for some wicked awesome riding, concerts (this will have to be another post in and of itself), movie watching, eating and more eating, and some seriously sweaty episodes out in the mugginess. Last weekend the average was 83 degrees!? Where's that beautiful fall time? Well, it's actually here now, just in time for everyone to leave unfortunately.

So as for the biking, because I was the navigator I felt like I should be the one to add up the mileage from our urban biking. I also feel like it would be the honest thing to do since while we were biking I tried to be discreet about where to go, or where we were, mainly because often I wasn't sure.
This is a map of 2 days of our longest rides. Saturday we rode to Randall's Island for a day of music. Then afterwards we rode into the city, got dinner, and hung out at Times Square for a bit. Sunday we left the house at 4 and then made up for it by riding to Central Park, hanging out, then heading down to DUMBO for the best pizza eva, then home the most direct way possible, not (ooooooops).

Note to watchers: Turn down your volumes if you are at work. The intensity of these moments are apparently louder than I would have anticipated.

12 comments:

lauren ann said...

I am AMAZED at those filming-on-the-bridge-while-riding-your-bike skills... I was waiting for you to eat it, but no. You even did a selfshot and managed to stay afloat. Bravo vonnie, bravo. You gots skills. Can't wait until that is me with you in the big city

drew said...

I look so good in that second picture. Maybe the best I've ever looked.

The Neil said...

jerks

drew said...

There is no way the ride home Sunday night was only 6 miles. I have the sore ass to prove it.

jmb said...

So, maybe it was a little more due to the winding. I guess that's how far hopstop says it was supposed to take, even with the ridiculous wrong way in the beginning! You guys are good friends

Allison said...

I too am amazed that you didn't eat it. I would have for sure! Proof yet again that my friends are cooler than me.

Sarah M said...

can we ride bikes when we come?

jmb said...

You bet your butt we can ride bikes - only problem, we only have 2, so I'll be on the look out for people with bikes who like to share

baughtronic said...

I'm with Drew on this one. But I still wouldn't have changed a thing. Your skills getting us around were exceptional. I can't imagine going to New York without you there.

And that video kills me every time. I wonder if its as painful for everyone else as it is for me... sitting there... smiling... waiting for you to take my picture. Man.

Unknown said...

Jessica you are so cool. I'm lucky to be your friend.

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

I found that when making lots of wrong decisions as navigator you should just remind everyone that you're giving the in depth neighborhood tour. it works well.