Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pics from the recent past

When did it become fall? Who said I was ready for that. It's not too chilly, but it's a wee bit - it is really lovely weather actually. It has surprisingly thrown me back to the nostalgic time when I first arrived here last fall. What a weird feeling being in a completely new place on my own - making it work because it just had too - loving it and then half way forcing myself too love it because the thought of having committed to something that I didn't love was too scary. Sounds weird - well welcome to my psyche.
A few new murals. I think this ones my fave.
Stoked on my new bike fixture. Thank you Sarah! One of the best birthday presents too date! Now if I just had the guts to use it.
Now, a little story:
I biked across the WB bridge the other day coming home from school and I passed these too chicks on their bikes - they were pretty hard core looking, and one of them was on a bike I have had a crush on since Andrew pointed it out to me (check out the gang green, it's so beautiful). So, I didn't think of it much until I was almost to the top and the two of them blew past me right at the crest. As I usually do when I'm on my bike alone and want to check out some ones ride - I creepily try to keep up. These girls were skidding and doing all these great tricks. They were so cool. I can't help but think that if I had only had my new horn that they would have stopped and asked me to ride with them and be in their bike gang. They probably would have said something like "cool horn, you should come ride with us". Maybe next time.
"Cereal Killa"
Don't really know what this means - but hopefully it doesn't inadvertently offend anyone. All those gangsta bloggers will be knocking at my door!

Moon over the city under the Queens Borough Bridge from Roosevelt Island. I was supposed to meet some people there, of course got lost and confused - so I took pics instead

4 comments:

Sarah M said...

yes, i love awesome girls doing tricks on bikes. you'll be one of them before long. so stoked you actually put that horn on your bike. hopefully it will come in handy...

Allison said...

You have such a cool life. I am proud to be your friend.

baughtronic said...

We will start our own bike gang soon and kids will be following us around. Just wait. First meeting: DC, Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Way to go Sarah on the horn. So awesome. Jess, you have such a neat, exciting life. I'm impressed with the big move to New York, I can't believe it has been a year since you have been there.