Sunday, September 23, 2007

The highly anticipated Utah virgins post!!!
Explination: A few of my friends from school at Parsons were talking about taking a trip together before school started again. We talked about Puerto Rico, DR, and then some how landed on Utah. Guess who won!


Yes, some how I convinced Barbara (Queens, NY native) and Karen (Stockholm, Sweden native) to spend their vacation with me, in Utah. (Dusty helped).
Dusty also had the genius idea to start our Utah itinerary off with a dip in the Great Salt Lake. Guess what, SOOOOO worth it. I hadn't done it either and it was fabulous. Go ahead, be grossed out, squirm all you want. It was not so lovely making it out to the water because you have to go through gooie muck, but once you're in . . . the water is fine.
A desolate desert sun set after a sweaty summer in muggy ny was just what i had been looking for. (and no, we're not naked. That may have made it a more exciting story though)



I love this picture, look how cool the water looks in the foreground, and the little dots that are sitting on top of the water? They may or may not be billions of little bugs.

Thank you Christy for braving the treacherous holding your camera up for 2 hours for these shots, but I love them.
(Especially the one at the very end.)

After the Great Salt Lake there was some more Utah fun.
Mountains and more mountains.

I was so proud of my visitors. They braved elevation exhaustion (Barbara was a zombie for 30 hours straight, sorry), sleeping in my parents basement, and meeting and hanging out with just about everyone I know and love in SLC in like 4 days.
Uintas
I'm wearing the birthday present they gave me. Coolest necklace, I love it. They were so sneaky.

At the end I asked them what their very favorite thing was that they did while in Utah and they said Great Salt Lake! Told ya it was awesome.
**For more Great Salt Lake coverage check it.

3 comments:

The Neil said...

So you manage to sneak in this post below the rest, secretively hoping no one would read it? Great photos!! (I guess that would be directed at Christy).

Wait, did someone say something about midgets?

jmb said...

No! It wasn't so nobody would read it, it just means I started it and didn't finish it until after I had done some others. I didn't know it did that, but apparently it does.

drew said...

I was wondering how you did a new old post!

Those photos are great. I'm jealous. The only time I've swam in the GSL was when I was about ten, and me and my siblings dug up lots of gypsum, and would run around with our mouths open trying to catch flies. Loved it.