Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Paige is getting hitched . . . hmph

Actually, I'm not that grumpy about it. I've been really happy for her. But in the chaos that is a wedding and the 5 short days I had to work on it with her in SLC I became a little over whelmed with the idea that my little (yet taller) sister will be married in less than a month.

As kids:
Paige's role = sweet, shy, wants to play with her big sister
Jessica's role = mischievous, tricky, likes to avoid her little sister and give her a hard time when possible

*Dad, Paige, baby Morgan, and me - and I think that's Johnny's head that's being cropped off on the bottom. We're such hicks. No one looks very happy in this photo, but some how it's the only one I have of Paige and I as kids on my computer.

So somewhere along the line things have balanced out. Some how I seem quiet and shy compared to my sisters open outgoing personality and now I look up to her in more ways than one (ahh, isn't that precious).

I spent my free days in Salt Lake helping her tie up loose ends for the wedd'n including
*making a bouquet for the first time ever. Thank you, thank you.
*showing up Sundance jewelry with help from String Beads and saving the budget $34 (I'll show you sell the necklace we wanted in less than 2 hours)
*finding ties, dresses, etc. for wedding party
*ravaging antique stores for what I like to call vases, others would call old stuff perhaps
*and doing the whole bridal picture thing, here are some of her best


I guess I did it a little too "tight", and the stems were a little long or something. My favorite part about the bouquet is that when we couldn't find a ribbon, we picked apart the tie we found for Matt. Desperate times call for desperate measures. These weddings are serious business.

5 comments:

lbb said...

love it. paige looks gorgeous and the bouquet was perf. too bad i didn't use you when we got married...coulda saved lots of headaches! can't wait to see you again soon!

amanda james said...

page looks soooo pretty, I love her dress. She looks like a little sundance girl. Um, I love the bouqet, so pretty! You did such a good job sister. I love the spurts of red ranaculus in there. My friend is so artsy.

Lacey said...

Jessica, Paige looks amazing, she is beautiful like her older sister! that is crazy that she is getting married so soon. crazy that you saw heather on the plane to NY, she is so cute, Lex's wedding was really pretty, i saw dunham, heather lang, adam johnson, breanne hale, people i hadn't seen in forever, it was so good to see them, even though i am huge with child. anyway lindsey my sis was out in NY this last week. she loved it and wants to move out there. i told her you lived there and could give her some advice! anyway i miss you, i love you and oh happy belated birthday, sorry i am really bad with birthdays.

Unknown said...

paige is totally hot. i'm in love with her dress and hair.

Sarah M said...

whoa. she looks like me.