Thursday, May 17, 2007

Soccer Sunday

Sunday on my walk home from church (where I met a guy who is one out of three architect/engineer for the "Freedom Tower" being built where the Twin Towers were - I was kind of star struck) anyway, I was walking along 14th Street and I spotted a soccer ball in a Middle Eastern guys shop! Best $10 I ever spent. We have been talking about buying a soccer or basketball forever - so when I spotted it, I figured it was fate. It was our Sunday family time.
Now soccer is our excuse to get our sorry buts out to run as much as possible. It's ok that neither of us is good. There are a few neighborhood kids that come and play with us and kick our buts. It's cool. I need the work out.


Sunday was an amazing day in Green Point I made Caroline come out and play before the sun went down. The sunlight in the pictures is a little harsh since it was late in the day - so they don't give the moment justice. It was so pretty!
This is a gate/fence bordering one side of the park which is full of little children. These kids get such an exciting playground. We had no such art at Sugar House Park.
Cute little tuft of grass.

This is a photo into an artists shop in our neighborhood. They had built this really great looking piece out of plastic straws. The warehouse is a reflection, sorry maybe that was obvious.

1 comment:

Sarah M said...

i love that you got a soccer ball. it sounds like so much fun to play on the streets with the kids. jealous. remember when you played on the oreos? you rocked.