Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cracked Out

The image is just to grab your attention since I know what a bummer it is when there's no picture. It's a color of space project that I happen to have saved to this computer
If only I was cracked out, would make for more interesting blogging (presumably).

I decided to blog because I locked my phone, laptop, and flash drive into a locker and surprise surprise can't remember the code - hence the extra time I have now to blog while I wait for the security guy to show up with giant lock cutters, or what ever he'll use to pry it open, so I can again return to cram finals mode once again.

Soo . . . if you have the time to read this you will know that A. I've allowed my life to get busier than I physically have strength to support (don't worry, it's only till Monday) B. I am no longer finishing Parsons this summer. I thought I would, but then because of some money issues I realized I have to wait till next fall to finish, which I actually think will be better. I mean, why am I racing to finish school, racing to finish my portfolio, racing to get a job, and to start paying student loans? Why rush eh? Anyways - so now I at least have a six month plan rather than a 1 1/2 month plan (still working on the 10 year one they wanted me to do in my senior year of high school, it's obviously more than I can handle to plan, plus it always changes anyway)


I will stay in New York and try to get an internship that I'm excited about, or even better a job, over the summer. Try to have a real life and actually see stuff in New York. Go to the park, galleries, shows, things I day dream about while I'm in the computer lab. Most importantly work on my social life! I've totally denied it, except for people at school I'm a hermit and that is getting old.


I'm living with Caroline again. She moved into the warehouse on the brink of civilization with me which is great. We're converting the pulley system I rigged for her dresser into a convenient way to give each other stuff (food, passing notes and things) with out having to actually physically use the stair case.


I'll be in Salt Lake for a week or so the end of May and HOPEFULLY again over the summer, but I'll have to see how things go.


I've realized I may need to do my time here and I can commit to that. It won't be forever. This pace and mind set are thrilling, but not my desired life style. I hope to soak up as much craziness, craft, and creativity I can out of this place - and then romantically end up in a small mountain town in Montana, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California, even New Mexico? (do you notice a trend? I kind of miss the west) or Switzerland, wherever - Where there will presumably be clients that want to work with a whack job like me who doesn't really relate to conservative stuffy design and wants to try things that are "different", but tasteful of course. I know there are lots of those types in small towns I'm sure. If you don't notice the sarcassm, that's what it is. I'm pretty sure I want something that doesn't exist. But of course I will still be able to afford to spend time in big cities too. All over the world of course.


Blah blah blah, sorry I know this isn't my journal, (but your the sucker that's reading it.)

Anyway, I will try to center myself again.


Now I will list some small feats that I have accomplished during this finals duration that I'm proud of.

1. Pulled a solid "I am at the computer lab and I'm not moving until I'm finished (except for a few food outings)" session that lasted 27 hours (including printing time) to finish a final that I then proceeded to sleep in for and showed up 30 min. late for a 6 pm. class. but what ever - I stayed up 27 hours!

2. took a forced Cinco de Mayo break Saturday night with Caroline and Jean Marie and went to Acapulco (around the corner from our place in Brooklyn) for dinner where we received free XXL Cinco de Mayo Corona t-shirts and salsa danced with the neighborhood

3. Made a 36" x 14" model of an existing building for a class all while in the duration of watching Mean Girls and Sixteen Candles with Caroline and her sister Katie.

4. and that's all I have for now.

I sure wish I was hanging out with and talking to anyone who has to read this mass communication form of staying updated, but for now this will have to do.

Congratulations if you're still reading and Andy's here to open my locker!

6 comments:

drew said...

Woohoo! I can still visit you in NY!

baughtronic said...

Next time you pull a 27-hour marathon, let me know. I happen to be very seasoned all-nighter-er and would love to join you.

Also, I'm planning on coming out sometime in July, if I can swing the days off... we'll see. I'm just glad you'll be there.

Sarah M said...

I read the whole thing and I am amazed you stayed up 27 hours. such a trooper. I have never ever stayed up 24 hours before and I don't plan to put myself through that torture.
YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED!

{littlefam} said...

Girldfriend I miss you! I think that you are amazing. Let me know what days you'll be in SLC - we will hang out!!!

jmb said...

Yeah Christy let me know when you come to NY!

baughtronic said...

I will for sure let you know. I'm hoping to be there for a little film festival that Dusty's video has a screening at. It will only be for a weekend, but if I can take a ride on the pulley it will all be worth it.