Monday, March 26, 2007

Lindsay and Alexis

Lindsay and Alexis came to Brooklyn! unfortunately sans Ashley (Ashley we missed you!!)




Lindsay my cous is living in SLC finishing her Geology major. She just found out she got a job in Alaska for the summer working in geology. Lucky girl, she gets to live out a dream we got attached to, hmm I guess 5 years ago now. Maybe you could insist I come to as your assistant? I'm guess I'm just glad it's not on a fishing boat with Chuck and Kevin like we originally planned.


Alexis is my love from Sports Den, I think you're the best thing I got out of that place (well you and Ashley). I've known Alexis since we first met working at the TC in Salt Lake and then at Sports Den of course. After being friends for 7 years she met up with me in Thailand two summers ago and ended up meeting and falling for another friend of mine that's been my big bros friend forever. I guess you never know. So anyway, those two live in San Fran and just found out they're moving back east to DC!! Hooray! Anyway, we haven't seen each other for way to long so it rocked to hang out in New York.


The day before they came it snowed a crazy storm, here's a little after math
Poor Dodo Bird
Natural History Museum is amazing if anyone's thinking of checking it out. Definitely worth it.
Waiting for the subway above ground was chilly

I'm pretty sure that food was their favorite thing about NY. Some how I know a lot about where to find the good stuff. This is the Blood Orange tea that we went back to get, oh, every 3 hours or so.After Alexis left I had Linds help me with all the crappy stuff I had to do that I didn't while they were there. She thought that she could make fun of me for having a homeless persons cart to get my laundry to the laundry mat. I didn't exactly redeem myself when it tipped over half way there and my jar of coins spilled all over the side walk. She's right, I have gotten pretty pathetic.



Lindsay even went along with my idea to hoist Caroline's old chest of drawers to the upper level. I wont get into it, but it was a good idea. Once I figure out how to put videos on YouTube you can all share in Lindsay's joy of watching me crash trying to lift it off the ground. Needless to say it's still on the floor where it started, but at least we know what doesn't work.

1 comment:

drew said...

Oh man. That pulley idea is my favorite thing ever. I love it. I was secretly hoping you'd say it worked perfectly. The idea worked perfectly, at least.