Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Missoula

Drove up to Missoula Montana with Rachel Barker this week. She needed a driving partner and I needed a rode trip. Done and done.
Court House



Staying in a cottage right next to this rig - haven't gotten a pic of it yet




Parrot friend found in the Army Navy store - see vid below


Missoula street art


Rachel is up here working on a dance project with a local company called Headwaters Dance Co. They get together every day for 8 hours to work on the 4 pieces they will be performing in a few weeks. I love it - they work all day in this studio in the artistic directors back yard and then they all eat lunch together at her house. It's so very bohemian. They're from all over too. A few from New York, one from LA, and one is even from Iceland! I've been sitting in on their practices and I love watching it all. I like watching the process of them working together and talking through it. Wish I could be here for the performance.


2 comments:

amanda james said...

that street art is soooo pretty. I want it in my housey!

Sarah M said...

i love that you can adapt anywhere to any situation. such a gift. missoula would love you. nyc loves you. s. america will love you. and so will colorado when you move here permenantly. :)