Monday, July 13, 2009

Shucks


The cabin is ALMOST finished! This weekend is the deadline and I couldn't be more excited or exhausted.

Between the painters, cabinet maker, electrician, job manager, the landscaper - I'm pretty sure everybody is so sick of seeing/hearing me. I get to the job site and I feel a hush come over everyone. Yes, I'm all up in everyone's business - "When will you be done with this?" "Can you commit to having this done by tomorrow?" "Did you notice this gap? or crack? or scratch?" I am so annoying and I know it, but I suppose that is my job.

Next I will be heading down to Santa Fe for a week to hang out with my munchkin cousin Emily so if anyone will be down south for any old reason you should come hang out in the coolest desert mountain town ever.

3 comments:

lbb said...

Wow you are a busy body, sister! The cabin sounds so cool and if you were my designer I would HOPE you would be sayin' those things to those dudes. That IS your job, and that's why they pay ya the big bucks! Ha!
Have fun in Santa Fe! Emily is a lucky little gal. Don't let her run ya around too much! Take a breather!
xoxo. your fave sis in law

leif said...

yes, i'm so excited to see it!

The Neil said...

Yeah, I hate being picky when I go to the construction site, but you gotta remember who is puttin food on your table... it ain't the contractor.

It's good to hear that you're crackin that whip.