Wednesday, July 22, 2009

day two and a half

This morning started with a shriek at 6:00 a.m. - but no emergency, just the terror of waking up in her bed. This girl does not like to sleep, go to sleep, wake up from sleep, noth'n. But, the good news is she gets over it pretty quick.

I being the sucker I am I jump out of bed, get her up and turn on the cartoons, all the while thinking it was 8:00 a.m. for some reason. I thought it was so weird that I was still soooo tiered until it dawned on me that I was in fact a sucker.

Any who, on with the day - only 3 or so hours of prep (cartoons, breakfast, quick workout, shower, get dressed, pack food, pack diapers, pack extra clothes, start laundry, feed the dog) we headed north to Taos.

Thank you iphone for being a camera as well, because in my mess of getting down here I missed the camera.

In a random neighborhood where I was lost for a bit - I love chochkies.

You could see the straw in the mud that made up the walls of this church. Authentic.


We were wondering around this little square because for some reason I thought it was Taos (Rio Grande Taos is apparently not the same thing) until a friendly old man enlightened me. This is the neighborhood he was born and raised in and now has a gift shop in one of these mud houses.


Grave yard at a Pueblo Indian Reservation (tourist trap and we took the bait)


Emily walking the alley of the Res.


Yes, I put this outfit together. Poor thing, I am transforming her into a scrapper.


Rio Grand over look was super cool





Only scary part is that it was SUPER windy and Emily could not help but try and fit her head through the bars. She kept saying she wanted to "fly to the river and go for a swim". Scary.


Rainy drive home.




1 comment:

Sarah M said...

looks dreamy. i love it there. when nick and i were in taos we were checking out one of those touristy cartoon maps of the town and it looked like the rio grande overlook was right around the corner so we asked our waitress how long it would take us to walk there. she said all day and night. so we drove. it was really windy the day we were there as well.
about being a sucker for waking up at 6am? i must be a sucker every day and i hate being a sucker. :)