Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh Please Do Come . . .



Paaaalease come to our race for Brandon - http://race.brandonplewe.com/

As many of you may know our goooood friend Brandon has been diagnosed with a rare cancer (for his age) called Multiple Miloma. It's been a humbling experience to have someone that I have always depended on as being "the strong one" to now be so physically weakened, yet miraculously carrying on his amazing mental and spiritual strength. It's completely beyond me.

So in all of this one of THE hardest things about this whole experience has been my inability to do pretty much anything for him. Soooooo from that this little "Fun Run" idea came up. It's something we can do (kind of, it's taken months to even get it organized), but it's at least something. It's taken a lot of jumping through hoops and pretending to know how to do something I don't - but it's coming together. We have a date, the ok from the park, the thumbs up from Brandon and Katie. We're in business right? Well, we have this little problem - no one's signing up! Well some have, but very few. How tragic would it be to get this all together and hardly be able to cover the cost of reserving the park for an event.

Yes, I'm finally getting to it - please oh please come to our event! If nothing else you could alway get one of our fancy t-shirts. If you know anyone else who might be interested too please let them know. It will be a great time, I will make sure of it.

That is all, thank you for reading this whole plea.

10 comments:

lbb said...

I"m so proud of you!
Wish we could be there...ALL of us!
GOod luck. You are amazing to do this, among all you have goin' on!

Unknown said...

I'll be out of town this weekend Jess. Bummer. I'll still sign up so proceeds can help the Plewes.

Sarah M said...

yeah, i'll sign up to but i can't come. lame.

... said...

IN!

ting19 said...

done and done

Unknown said...

Jess- it's Katie (Carter) Tingey. What a great idea! My hubby and I will be there!

amanda james said...

i'll be out of town, or else i would be limping to the finish line with ya

JD and Lindsay said...

Jess, I will be in town and my family is going to do it. I just get forgetting to sign up. I will do it today

jmb said...

YOU GUYS ARE ALL THE COOLEST! THANKS SO MUCH!

farn said...

I hired my sister becca to run it for me!