Friday, October 10, 2008



I found this sweet post card in San Francisco and it is THE perfect way to sum up how I felt about New York while I lived in New York. Now of course I think of it as the greatest place in the world (distance does make the heart grow fonder!), but there were a lot of times while I was there that I thought it would be the end of me. Which leads me to this conclusion:

"I feel relatively neutral about New York" - as it states on the back of this card.

For more on my contradictory feeling about New York watch listen here. so pretty.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Its funny how distance does make you miss a place so much and almost glorify it. I feel the same way about Chicago. There were times when I was so homesick, felt so alone (when Mike was gone), so overwhelmed but now I miss it so much. WEIRD. Do you think you would ever want to move back there? I still thinks it's so impressive you went and lived there on your own. You're so cool.

WICKHAM, DUSTIN D. said...

Jess.... I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's a love hate thing for me. I want a shirt with that on it.

jmb said...

i definitely would go back under the right circumstances - I do miss it, it was an adventure and a challenge every day and I miss that. I was just sick of going it on my own all of the time I think.