Saturday, May 24, 2008

June 15 - ???

So . . . my (not so) secret plan to take an SLC sabbatical [or is that NYC sabbatical?] is finally becoming a reality! It's time to take a break from the BIG CITY and it couldn't be coming a moment too soon. I can not wait for:

color and smell of sage brush
hot red rock sand
kissing Charlies chubby cheeks till he squirms
chlorine
sharing my bed with Max
biking in the mountains (and/or taking my bike for walks in the mountains as seen below. It seems to be a popular position for me when going up hills in the mountains these days)
sleeping in a quiet, cool, dark basement - seems weird, but sound, cool temperature, and darkness come at a premium round these parts.
looking at the city from the mountains, looking at the mountains from the city

I hope to rest, to play, to work on my portfolio and my business, to look for new opportunities, spend time working in the mountains, hanging with my family, and playing with any Utahns and non-Utahns alike who are so excited about summer!

Utah here I come.

8 comments:

Lacey said...

yay jessica you are coming home! i loved all of your things you are excited about! we have to get together! i will go smell sage brush with you.

lbb said...

the only people more excited is us! can't wait to play...pool, walks, etc.
countdown begins!

The Neil said...

Yeah, I don't really think it is a secret if you tell everyone.

Will be glad to have you in the intermountain west again.

Are you still running that relay? My ma and older sis are both running it now.

lauren ann said...

I have already started the count down. I keep meaning to call you and ask when you coming. Can't wait for my adventure buddy

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you this summer! I will hang out with you in the mountains anytime! I've missed them so much.

baucomfamily said...

Welcome home darling!!
XXOO

jmb said...

thanks mawm

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you!!