Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jersey's best kept secret

It's beautiful!!! Well, some very hidden parts it turns out. This is Carly's parents house that she took me to last week. It's in a town ship about 40 miles from the city. May have been the most timely appropriate break from the city ever. I kept stretching and yawning and taking naps on the grass - the city makes me sleepy these days. Exhausted might be the more appropriate phrase.
Her parents back yard - that building is the green house with an outside garden right next to it where they grown mixed greens, peppers, asparagus, radishes and all sorts of delicious treats. They let me graze out there, it was great.
Looking out from an old coal fire
reservoirs over pour that looked like it wanted to be slid on. Extra credit where's Waldo challenge: find a Gus bum
Glowing green woods
Otto bum in front of neighbors barn

This is Carly's friends converted chicken coup apartment sitting on a farm that also has a converted barn as his painting studio
Sigh, first city view on the bus back to NY


Back in the city to rush to the subway to make it to dinner with friends where I proceeded to fall asleep while sitting listening to conversations - I'm so worn out! I need a spa day or something - and now I totally sound like a city freak.
This is New York Times building from the bus parking lot - I do really like that building

1 comment:

The Neil said...

I saw gus' bum.

These are probably the only cool pictures I've ever seen from Jersey!