Sunday, November 18, 2007

I need to find me a country boy

I went to the Avett Brothers concert tonight at Webster Hall with Lindsey, a friend I made at the last live music I saw which was also awesome, but way too long ago to have not seen each other, or live music since. Did you catch that?
I hadn't heard of them before going, but Lindsey mentioned they were blue grass and I thought "I can be into that"




Loved it, loved them. We were both transfixed by the country boys (sorry Josh). They're a little "newsie-ish". The lead singer especially was a lot Ryan Gosling-ish (after he goes crazy) in the the Note Book. Plus they were awesome live. Way way good live. They would be fun to see at a music festival.
North Carolina here I come!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

i love the reference to ryan gosling, not just "in the notebook" but "in the notebook after he goes crazy" awe jessica you make me laugh, but it was a perfect description, i knew exactly what you meant! love ya woman!

Unknown said...

i agree you do need to find you one hot country boy!

ps i was totally serious about your coming to Chicago had you needed a place to go for Thanksgiving.

Tara Hawke said...

Jess....it has been WAY TOO long. I am with ya on the Country Boy idea....let's go find them together. I am calling you tonight....I have been wanting to chat for a long time and have just procrastinated. Love your buns and miss them too!