Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Big 100

I just noticed this is my 100th post. What a nerd.
Unfortunately I haven't come up with a clever 100th post - like "100 reasons that I'm happy today" or "100 reasons i love to blog"
I was really just wanting to post this awesome email I received today:

From: "Kate Danielowski"
To: "Jessica Baucom"
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:37:47 -0500
Subject: Lost Purse

Hi Jessica,


Your purse was found by a gentleman named Omar. He called to give his information so you could retrieve your wallet from him. When you get this email, you can get in touch with him at 646-530-6294. He said that he works on West 27th Street, so hopefully the pickup won't be too inconvenient. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything.

Thanks
Kate

Kate Danielowski, Administrative Assistant
Security Department
55 West 13th Street, Mezz
212.229.5101 ext. 4274
fax 212.229.5189
HOURS Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
danielok@newschool.edu

Now that's fabulous news. If anyone is interested in calling Omar and thanking him for me go ahead. He's a security guard at an art gallery. I meet him tomorrow on 27th street and 10th avenue - [does anyone know where that is? It's freak'n far west. That's like all the way to the Hudson River]

Now I just need to figure out how to reward Omar. Hmmmm.

7 comments:

{littlefam} said...

That is great news - I'm glad you'll get your wallet back! Are you coming to SL for Thanksgiving?

jmb said...

Sure wish, I need to see baby Carmen so bad!!!
I will be home for Christmas 3 weeks so I need to see you guys. I miss Newman too.

lauren ann said...

YEAH.. that is the best news ever. I really have been stressed out about this missing wallet. How did you manage?

PS Happy 100th post, I have loved everyone

lbb said...

wow...what great news. aren't cha just so grateful for people like OMAR?! of course you probabaly already ordered all new cards and stuff, though! murphey's law....

Unknown said...

CONGRATS Jessica. What a relief! It's so nice to know there are still good people out there! What are you going to do for Thanksgiving? We will be in Chicago if you need a place to visit!

jmb said...

Wow Laura, that's an awesome offer. I'm going to have to take you up on that! I'm going to DC for a second annual Thanks Giving hoopla, but I would luuuuv to come to Chicago.

Anonymous said...

So happy that you found the wallet! Pretty important eh! God Bless sweet Omar. Jess! How are ya, I'm so happy I found you in the virtual world. I hope NY is treating you well...it's look the case. It was fun to see you right before you took off. Did Paige tell you that we had a class together a few semesters back? Anyways...Just wanted to say hi! Drop us a line sometime. You can at least meet Kev virtually..hopefully someday for real huh! Take care...