Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What are you doing in, oh 30 days from now?

Since I know you are all highly anticipating my approaching 25th birthday(ya, I'm a little freaked out. I know it's not old, but it's older than I have ever been), trying to figure out how exactly to give me the best present ever? Well I'll give you a hint.

Come hike King's Peak!!!


My fam is bringing me home for an annual hike - going on four years - for my birthday this year. So if you can you should come. I think we are going to do it over Labor Day weekend - I just know for me to get back in time for school I have to take a red eye flight Labor Day night for class the next day...so if I can do it yall should too, if you can and/or want to. Anyone - everyone is invited. Even if you don't know me but you want to come you should.

Keep it in mind.

These are pics from the Highline trail I did with my cousins last year. Weird, a year ago from now we spent 9 days on the highline trail - This summer Spencer is married! I am living in hot and sweaty NY, and Lindsay is still in the mountains, lucky chick.





9 comments:

Unknown said...

OH Jessica, I'm so jealous. I would love, love, love to go, but unfortunately Mike and I will be back in Chicago by then. What bad timing. I have been very intrigued by hiking and mountain climbing as of lately. (I've been reading Into Thin Air) Have you read that? I think you would enjoy it.

jmb said...

It's cool Laura, we will do it again - maybe in Telluride! (I noticed you have been into that place, I've never been either)
I haven't made it all the way through Into Thin Air, which I am ashamed to admit because I think I wrote a paper on the premise that I had, oops. But I do like Jon Krakauer and his stories a lot. That would be a good thing for me to read here so I could live some vicarious adventures while I'm working in the sweaty sweaty city.

ting19 said...

You KNOW you can count me in! Those pictures brought a tear to my eye, i know i am in the mountains now but it's not the same without you!

Lacey said...

jessica, i am sorry to say that i have little but of a dilemma with my protruding belly. It looks like tons of fun and the pictures are gorgeous!

lauren ann said...

YES PLEASE.... If this is seriously an open invite I am definitely game!

baughtronic said...

I'm in. For reals.

The Neil said...

That sounds spectacular! Unfortunately I can't make it!!! I don't even have a good excuse like I am pregnant or I am halfway across the country. In reality, I am studying for my stinking Landscape Architect registration exam. Lame eh? I am sorry, but one of these times I am going to make it. You better write one hell of a trip description on here!!

P.s. Don't worry, 25 is a lot better than almost 28! always keep that in mind

jmb said...

Hooray! I got some yes's! Plan on it kids, it will be a blast!

jmb said...

Neil, it's cool I can understand that. Plus it rocks you'll be taking that exam, then you'll be so official.
Plus I heard a little rumor that you might be headed out east soon?
I hope it's not just a rumor.