Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I got worked

One other inner city pressure.
Last week the day of massive rain shut down most all subways. I was supposed to work and didn't feel like walking 7 miles, so I rode my bike. I have only ridden to this area in Brooklyn once, and it wasn't necessarily the same place I needed to go, plus that time it was kind of dark, so after a bunch of wrong turns I made it there. No big deal.
The way back on the other hand I was so tired, confused, it was getting a little dark and I really wanted to be home when i came up on these kids playing in the street. They were squealing and playing in the water, so I look up and smile. Little do I realize the water they're playing in is from a fire hydrant they just screwed loose. As I rode past they unleashed the fury on me! 100 gallons a second of high pressure water shot me and my little bike all over. I was swerving with my eyes closed trying to catch my breath because it was freezing. When I could finally open my eyes some how I was still on my bike and the kids were pointing and laughing hysterically. I got so worked. I could hardly breath or see. I had such a head ache after too, but I couldn't help it, I laughed the rest of the way home.

4 comments:

Sarah M said...

yes. i have such vivid imagery of you getting blasted by the fire hydrant and the wee ones finding it hilarious. i will be thinking about it all day.

Lacey said...

jessica that is hilarious, oh my gosh how did you manage to stay on your bike, i am impressed! you are so cute, i can just picture you whipping your messed up wet hair out of your face trying to figure out what just happened. he he he i love it!

baughtronic said...

This pretty much just made my day.

drew said...

Yeah good balance!