Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More Beaches and Puppies

"My favorite color is light tan, and my favorite animal . . . is puppies."
Someone selling them on the street off the Bedord stop. So little, they looked too little to leave their moma poor tikes.


Coney Island is some how one of my favorite places ever. There is such a random mix of people and things to do. Very good people watching spot.
Very close to my favorite roller caster, you have to come try this guy - it's so scary and rikitty's.


You can't see super well, but there are so many people on the beach. Tons of colors - towels, umbrellas, toys. People selling jewelry, beers (totally illegal on the beach, classic). There was even a guy carrying around a bunch of animals (giant python, parrots, an iguana on his head) we went to check it out, but he wanted $25 to take a picture with them, so I have no photos, but one of the parrots jumped to me while I was standing next to him and it climbed right up my arm and sat on my shoulder. I think we bonded.
Neil, I was a pirate for like 20 seconds!!

5 comments:

The Neil said...

A true pirate would have charged the guy $26 to get his bird back, that would have been... priceless.

Is that roller coaster seriously better than the white one at Lagoon? I think not.

I loved the story about the fire hydrant, those little SOBs.

I love your blog more than my other friends, cause you actually update it. Keep up the good work. (maybe that means I should update mine more).

P.S. I had originally planned to come out there in October, but I don't know if that is going to work. I might have to do something later in the fall, maybe turkey day again.

jmb said...

good point on the parrot.
This roller coaster is REALLY scary. it may trump lagoon! I guess you'll just have to come try it out and see.

Unknown said...

I love that you were a pirate.

Sarah M said...

i love that neil likes your blog because you update it and i think you, like, never update. it's like you have a life or something.
i want to go to coney.

drew said...

Wait, there's a puppy in those pictures?? I'll have to look again.

Does the Coney coaster have goats and sheep living in the bottom of it like the Colossus? Case closed!