Monday, June 11, 2007

Tugboat

Since leaving Salt Lake evoked such a tantrum out of me - (I completely threw a fit, which probably surprised me more than anyone. I was so bummed I was still shedding tears in the cab back to my apartment) - I needed to find something to cheer me up and how.
It's been a slow process, but I think I'm going to be ok here again. Here's why:

1. I ran at Central Park . . . for a bit . . . then I walked at Central Park. The rumors are true - you can really feel like you are in the middle of no where in some places of the park. It changes so much from the top to the bottom too. Plus there are horses there.

2. Bergdorf Goodman. This is a place like no other. It feels like walking through a museum for beautiful beautiful clothes and jewelry. I walked through after running in the park, and I got plenty of odd looks, but no matter. I can't keep my jaw from dropping when i walk through this place. The web site does it no justice. It's a totally different experience than going to the mall at home. For only a little bit I want to be Holly Golightly and walk around this place with my nose up and ask to try on all the jewelry and $900 shoes.

3. New Apartment. Caroline found a new apartment for us that is surprisingly nice AND affordable AND still in our beloved Greenpoint neighborhood. It's month to month too so we don't have to sign a lease. I'll have to send photos later, I wasn't ready with my camera when we checked it out.

4. I rock at darts! I totally won in darts Saturday. I had a little help from my team mate and coach Jacks, but whatever I made the winning bulls eye shot that finished it.

5. Best of all, the tug boat. Caroline's ex boyfriend, now buddy (I don't know how people do this, I'm impressed) has a friend from school that lives in a tug boat on the Chelsea Piers. It's the coolest. It's a historical boat so they let him park it there for cheap. This tug is equipt with kitchen, bath, the essentials. Plus an out door barbeque, hammock, and much more. See for yourself.



Those trophies are tug boat champion trophies. One for fastest in it's class (I was later informed it was the only one in class C) - the other's for best look'n.



Caroline and I with the tug boat inhabitant and captain Josh

City from west side highway in Chelsea
We found this stud at the grocerie store.
He makes these hats ". . . just for fun. Don't sell em unless it's a real great price like . . . $800"
This one's number 18.
Yep that's Alf hanging out on the brim.



4 comments:

Sarah M said...

holy ba-joly you made me laugh like nine different times. I love the run...then walk in c park. i can't run anymore it is pathetic. i love holly golightly and the thought of you acting like her. i love the freaking tugboat. that is the coolest thing i have eveeeer laid my eyes on. but most of all i so happy that you got a new apt. and are away from joe.
great post. great post. just made my day.

lbb said...

what an entertaining post...lovin the tugboat. i can't wait to see the new apt. pics! i want to go to bergdorf with you! lucky gal. we miss you....L & boys

Unknown said...

I loved your post Jessica. Way to be proactive and find good things about NY!! It gets easier leaving Salt Lake each time you do it, then you get back into your routine and it's like you never left! I'm so glad I got to see you over Memorial weekend!

The Neil said...

Looks/sounds like a New York I would enjoy. Although, were the darts the sharp ones, or the plastic ones? Those sharp ones scare me when playing in flip flops.