Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hooray for Active Utah Friends


In the middle of looking for an apartment and saying goodbye to my lovely Caroline I had friends come stay for the weekend and it was the greatest break from life ever. I love when people come on vacation here because I take it as a chance to be on vacation too. I met all sorts of new people, got to know ones I've met even better, and I met a new love.
This one has no name (or gender yet for that matter, I'll work on that), but it's a pretty sweet little bike. Andrew (my friend and the bikes's architect) was fortunate enough to witness my first ride on it. It's a fixed gear with a track bike frame - so I was a little wobbly and unpredictable for a while. Ok, I still kind of am, but whatever, I'll work on that too.
We rode from my place, over the Williamsburg Bridge, up through Soho, Greenwich, to the Hudson River, up through Chelsea on the river path, through Times Square (not necessarily on purpose), to the New York Library, and then home on the subway. The next day we rode a bit in Central Park and through some of my neighborhood. I'm in love. I want to put together some more routes and ride and ride and ride.



4 comments:

drew said...

Hooray for Active Brooklyn Friends!

The Neil said...

The bike is sweet, Andrew does good work. nice work on the top 50, I need to make a list. Can I get some cred for being an Active Ex-Utah Friend (emphasis on ex-utah, not ex-friend).

Be careful on the bike.

lbb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ting19 said...

hey jess...that bike is beautiful!!! i will have to send you a pic of mine, it's not quite as lovely but i love it still. i wish i could bring it out there, that city would be great for a bike adventure! see you soon...