Monday, February 12, 2007

Galleries


Last Friday I was a design student nerd and went to a bunch of galleries. One that we went to was Irving Penn. He's in his 90's now and he is quite famous for his fashion photography, but not as much his still lifes so these were cool to see. The series was of flowers very close up. They seem cheesy girly, but they were actually quite fantastic.

src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgFiMRVOVRt-Z0evzRby_L0okc-3uWuSdn1HLw8EYR4Hk5Hqiq-r1GVM4qk5pYIixr1-Lj8IltQBMRT_UrgvSSuBBK9OMs0uw_SzTHTS9-MJFntn6_3ANNkJXd7PmKnccIWvCBCdhavrH7R/s400/gallery.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5030751352058271906" />




Then Sunday I went out to find this gallery called Robin Rice Gallery. I read about it on some ones blog that I found through the blog grape vine(http//alilovescurtis.blogspot.com). You should check her out she always has great stuff. Anyway, this gallery is online too http://www.robinricegallery.com so you can check it out, but going in person has an extra perk - it's only blocks away from a fabulous cup cake shop. Who'da thunk I like cup cakes this much, but these are unbelievable.

5 comments:

drew said...

How long would it take to get to the cupcake store on fast bikes?

jmb said...

hmm, for these cupcakes? Not long at all.
Actually it is a little far, but from my estimations it would be well worth the journey. I'll put it on the route

ali said...

Hey! So happy you checked out the gallery; at least one of us gets to go. Umm, now how can I get my hands on one of those cupcakes via the world wide web? Not quite as accessible, huh? Which shop are they from? Magnolia?

I'm trying to figure out what you're going to school for out there ... wanna fill me in? I think you're livin' the dream.

jmb said...

They are from Magnolia. I'm a sucker for that place.
I am studying Interior Design at Parsons. It's an art and design school in Manhattan. I do love it out here. I wish all of my family and friends lived here too though. If you ever are out here and need a place to stay - you've got one in Brooklyn. I know I don't really know you, but how could someone with such a cute blog be bad?
Did you go to Utah State? Is that how you know Andrew? I haven't put that together yet.

ali said...

Parsons?! Now you really are livin' the dream.

Um, yes, I went to Utah State and I think that's how I met Andrew. Actually, I think he was my husband's friend first before we were married. Hard to say, but I'm sure that's how we came together.

Thanks for the stay-with-you offer. I actually have two sisters living in Manhattan! But if they ever move, I know who to call (write).

Maybe next time I'm out there we can meet up at Magnolia?

Um, and keep posting your projects. I love to see stuff like that. I think everyone does.