Saturday, January 27, 2007

Strangness in Greenpoint

Today on my street there were all of these people gathering, like for a parade or something. They were all dressed up too. Finally I went out to see what was going on, and I guess every year they have this "stupid people race" is what they call it. There are teams of 5, all dressed up alike, with a shopping cart full of things they can through at the other competitors. One team built a nose over their shopping cart and then they were dressed in green - like they were boogers or something, haha. Then there was the McDonalds team - Ronald and the gang. The Village People, Speedo guys, there were all there. Once the race starts they race to different check points and have to wait there until they are given the next check point. It was so funny. Better than Halloween even. I took photos with my old school camera (film, ya know) so it will be a bit before I can post photos. It was great.

No comments: