Thursday, January 25, 2007

More Space


This picture has little and/or nothing to do with this blog entry. Jon Cracroft took it somewhere in Salt Lake, and I liked it, so asked for it, and here it is. Don't you wish you could do that?


This has been a monumental week.

I am back in New York. All three of my room mates have decided to leave, either the city, or just the apartment. I am going to be staying, and it looks like I may be inheriting their left over space.

I talked to my land lord about how I am the only one uninterested in breaking my lease and can't sign another with anyone else - so after him showing me other apartments and talking for a while, it looks like I may be able to stay here on my own, for the same rent.

Basically what this means for all people I know, there is even more room to stay in New York if you wish. I am going to appreciate visitors more than ever now.
I am going to miss my room mates so so much. Caitlin just took off for California today. She has decided to take an internship with an architect in San Fransisco. She was the first person that I met on my own in New York and really trusted. She is one of the toughest, yet kindest people I know, and if I weren't so happy for her I would never have let her leave.

Caroline is moving to Salt Lake as fate would have it, to move in with her sister there. She is the coolest funnest girl, and anyone looking for a good time (in a non perverted way) should get a hold of her and be her friend. She's absolutly the greatest. I hope she comes back soon.

One more great update, my friend Francois, of Francois and the Atlas Mountains, check him out, who I met last fall when him and his friends stayed with us in Brooklyn and played a few sets at our house, came back to Brooklyn yesterday and put my name + one on the list to get into the show. He is currently playing with and touring with Camera Obscura. They're a Scottish band that is awesome and everyone should check them out. Their mellow and folkish, and I love all of those things so I felt very lucky to go. They played at the Warsaw which is near my apartment in Brooklyn. The venue is located in this old Polish community building that was the first Polish home in the U.S.. Anyway, Francois is one of the nicest sincerest people I have met and I'm so glad he is keeping in touch. Everyone will know his name soon, he's very very talented.
Francois's links: www.myspace.com/francoisinbristol and http://www.kidfrancois.com/
Camera Obscura links: http://www.camera-obscura.net/
So there's the an update. As always I miss everyone and wish you would come and visit soon.
Love Jessica

1 comment:

Sarah M said...

So you're saying you have that whole, huge, apartment to yourself?! That is so awesome.