Sunday, January 21, 2007

Home again, home again

I'm back. I have to admit that part of the reason for not posting for so long is that I totally forgot my password, but alas I figured it out!
I am standing once again in my Brooklyn apartment. It's good to be back. Odd how I can leave my SLC home teary eyed, and arrive here happy again. I do love it here.
Since my last posting I have been in the city of Salt Lake from the 22nd of December, until today, the 20?th of January. I'm honestly not even sure what the date is today.
While in SLC:
*I saw all of my family over Christmas
*hung out with Max (the best friend/ dog I have ever met
*I x-country ski/ back packed in the North Uintas with him, x-country skied up the cabin
*Alpine skied at Alta (with Liz and Farn), Snowbird (with Tara and her boys), and Park City (with my bro Zach)
*x-country skied Millcreek with Lindsay and the dogs
*hung out at the Pub a bit to see Lindsay and Pub cohorts
*spent time and learned from people I have missed
*hung out with almost all of my friends intermitedly, relaxed, slept in quite a few times, got bored with myself, worked at Johnson and Hodson, worked on a few side projects, had unexpected surprises of all sorts, climbed once, went to a Sundance flick, bowled (got my lucky score 88), ate at Lone Star Tacoria, talked more than one person to come back and visit soon in NY and met four brand new babies.
The babies (in order of meeting them) are Jack Boyer Baucom (my nephew) I love that Sid is his favorite - Cate and Cameryn Woodley (Meg's and Eric's twins) - and Anika (my cous Ashley's and Phils girl).
Oh, I also finally met my Dad's girls, Thelma and Louise, the captivating suger gliders.
I had an amazing time. I'm so lucky that I come from such an amazing place full of these things and people I can depend on. Even though there have been times that I could hardly believe that home, the mountains, or any of it would still be there when I got back, it all was. Almost right where I left it too. I realize once again that life is life where ever you are, and whether it should be good and it isn't, or the other way around it is what you make of it. I feel like Carey.

2 comments:

Sarah M said...

I LOVE THAT YOU ARE A BLOGGER! Yes! The pics are awesome of you and roomies, did you do those? Did you get a camera for Jesus's Birthday. I figure.
I am glad that you are back in NYC and wish you the best of luck with the housing situation. May you be as lucky the second time as you were the first.

Sarah M said...

PS. The part about Martha/Martin and Simone is classic. Made my day at work a little brighter.