Friday, August 20, 2010

Tripping Me Out Right Now

Have you ever heard of this book? Have you ever read it?
A very peaceful hippy that I met while traveling suggested it to me and I started reading it last week. It's supposed to help you find balance and peace in your life, but right now it's mostly got my head spinning.


It's about letting go of all the useless junk that is always bouncing around in your head and enjoying and appreciating what is going on right this moment. It's harder than you'd think, and I think I like it. It's not an easy read, but I have a feeling I'm going to be glad I did once I'm done. I would love to hear if anyone has read it and what they think about it.

4 comments:

for you, love me said...

Never read it but I'm always looking for new reading material...thanks for the tip.

amanda james said...

no, but sounds really good. what was that other book that he wrote that oprah is obsessed with? I bought it a while ago, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. but he's super deap. it kinda reminds me of yoga when they make you close your eyes and listen to all the sounds around you and to clear your mind and you hear stuff that you just blocked out like the fan going, people breathing, it's kinda crazy.

amanda james said...

I just spelled deap wrong. amazing.

Devon said...

i have not read it yet, but my friend read it and said the same thing. it tripped her out and now she is no longer worrying about what she is or what she isn't, "eternal consequences", what she should or shouldn't do. she just focuses on where she is and what she is doing right now because that is all there really is.