Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am the epitome of unmotivated right now. I have a million things to do - many of which I could be doing on this here computer - but I can not bring myself to be productive. It's 10 a.m. I've been up for an hour and a half and I have yet to do one thing that is not useless. Kelly, Cardon, and I were talking about this at dinner last night; The pitfalls of being self employed. I am a shining example of this right this second. So instead of breaking through and being a design rock star I thought I would blog!
I'm on the last leg of a 18 day east coast journey. Starting in DC I worked with Lizzie on her amazing new little home - then a jaunt to West Viginie with a herd of radical DCers - then I made my way north to Maine where I met up with my clients/friends to look at a new project of there's - and last of all a few days in the city to catch up with some hommies and supposedly get some work done. Ha! The only photos I have are from Maine because I took them with my phone. Camera is dead and being a genius I left the charger at home. Just too much to keep track of I suppose.


Katie and Leo being the cutest

This water is so pure - when you swim in it you feel like you should be drinking it down at the same time.


Sneak peak into the new project. It's a 7 building camp built in the early 1900's. There are 3 livable cabins. A boat house, a bath house, a school house, and a house keepers cottage. Should make for an adventurous time to design. Unfortunately they have someone restoring it right now, so there is no need for my help with materials (which kills me just a little bit), but I'll be all over it when it's time for furniture, rugs, lighting, and those final touches.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

very cool, and again very jealous! I want to see pics of lizzy's place! tell her she needs to get a blog or a facebook profile, so i can somewhat keep track of her! or i should just call her :) love ya jess!

chelsea b james said...

adam and i were just having a conversation very similar to this.... aw the anxieties of being self employed. Motivating ourselves to be productive is sometimes beyond me. I swear if there was no such things as deadlines, i would never get anything done. You should just enjoy the art of doing nothing. i am. it feels great. well, kind of. i miss painting a little. when do you get back?