Friday, August 20, 2010

Diversity in Living

This week has been one of those upside down weeks, but in the best way possible. Started semi normal. A little too much web surfing not quite enough work, but I do my best.
Right in the middle of the week of pushing to get it all done my dad asks if I want to go up to our cabin for a few days. Turns out I have a flexible schedule so I'm in. We drove the three hours up there and I go instantly from emailing and web surfing to being completley cut off and loving it.
We worked hard for two days. We worked on the tractor, I cleaned the tack shop, and then we spent about 8 hours cutting brush out of this field so that more grass would grow there for the horses. Him or I would drive the John Deer while the other lifted or lowered the mower (that is huge by the way) and being dragged behind the tractor.
How greatful am I that my day can start in the mountains driving a tractor and watching hail storms from the front porch - to dancing the night away at a free Big Boi concert (yes, you heard me right, Big Boi) with a follow up at Urban.
The answer is very.

No comments: