Thursday, July 8, 2010

Home Again

My backpack exploded on my couch.

We did it! We made it home! It was a close call when my checked bags were randomly searched at the Ecuadorian airport and they found the antique pistol I had purchased at the market a few days before. I totally forgot about it so when they pull it out I'm like "Oh ya, sorry I forgot to tell you about that" they weren't too humored. They even threatened an investigation, but I put my best I feel real bad and real stupid right now face and they let my on the plane sans pistol. I cried, I really wanted that gun.
Anyway I am home now and I can't get over how:
A. fat all of the Americans look at the airport, sorry but it's true
B. big and absorbent our napkins are
C. giant and fast my computer seems to me right now
Honestly I'm pretty overwhelmed by all of the blogs I want to look at, people I want to call, and work I have to do. So instead of deal with all of that I'm headed to the woods for the next week with no phone and or internet - I guess real life can wait right?
If anyone is around tonight though I really hope you decide to come down to Pioneer Park for the free concert so that I can see your beautiful face and party with you. Otherwise I will be back in about one week - ready for some serious SLC summer fun.
Miss you all! See you soon!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Welcome home Jess!

for you, love me said...

Welcome home Jess.

{littlefam} said...

it's been fun following your blog posts while you've been away on your adventure! i'd love to hang out with you soon and see your pictures! gald you had such a fun time and got home safe!

amanda james said...

yipee! finally. It looks like you found some goodies. Hear hear, I always think the same things when i get home from trips...land of the large. chelsea and i are staying until the 19th so call me when you get back from your cabin.

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

welcome back. can't wait to hear all about your trip. we were just in utah, barely missed you. when are you coming to nyc?