Friday, March 6, 2009

Nuevo York

Back in Nyc last week for Caitlin & Caroline (old roomies and love of life) 's final shows at the COoper Union.  Lucky me they were back to back so I got to see both in one go.  I also got in a snow storm, some par-taying, and two more epic falls in the streets to add to my list; I will indulge you because they are too good to keep to myself and the lucky strangers who witnessed them.

1. Took place while stepping through slush from the street to the side walk - next thing I know I am holding myself in a perfect plank position with my hands in slush.  I had to go into a downward dog to get out of it without stepping in a huge puddle.  Very attractive.

2. I was getting back to Karen & Barbaras appartment at 1:30 a.m. after helping Caroline hang her show.  I slipped in the THE middle of the street in front of a cab skidding down the road.  I scrambled to my feet and onto the side walk before even noticing I had torn open my jeans and my knee - sheesh. ps it was very icey - so I wasn't THAT big of a mental, but still a pretty big one.

Finally - you can prepare yourself for the photo representation of a fantastic trip...

Caitlin's massive mache pieces above and some lovely queer paper bowls below


and the meandering begins - where it will take me I'm not yet sure

Luckily I stumbled into this interesante pequeno shop - full of trinkets and pretty much all sorts of things out of my dreams - check out Partners & Spade next time your in town if like beautifully curated oddness.

There were lot more fun and fantastic things that took place before this, but these are the next photos I have - they're of Caroline a's show.  Her pieces are like her beautiful mind Ca Razy Caronline

Next a late night in Brooklyn with Caroline and Jean Marie - just like the old days.  It's always amazing what cool people and friends are out in the neighborhood at all hours of the night.  One of which senior Carlos - yes I was peer pressured to do this

Two beauties in the photo booth

and of course what would one of my trips be with out more random pics of things, but no people . . .
Very red doors surrounded by old stone

eclectic's shop in the west village

colors of interest

Special thanks are indeed in order for so many:
Karen
Barbara
Kelly
Jehee
Midori
Carly
Caroline
Jean Marie
for making my trips to NYC endlessly worth while 

2 comments:

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

So glad to see you!!! Come back soon and this time we will have a mattress mania party.

The Neil said...

Wait, aren't you supposed to go from Plank, then to Up Dog, and then to Downward Facing Dog? I don't know, maybe the do things a little different in NYC.