Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cabin Interior

They put in these columns today which I'm stoked on
Looking towards the down stairs - if you couldn't already tell - duh.
The wall on the left with the three windows is where the built in bookshelf and bench will go - the wall straight ahead has the fireplace (which will be covered with stone and have a cement mantle and hearth added).  Above the fireplace will be a cabinet that hides the tv that will be on an arm to be able to pull it out and face it in different directions - these guys are a little more high tech than our cabin (we don't even have a phone or a radio at ours!)

This is the bunk room.  That big open space on the wall will have a tall red cabinet for storing clothes, sheets, blankets, games, what have you.

As you can see they started with the oak paneling - I promise there will be more than just paneling in the interior!  The wood is really beautiful though - it's re-claimed oak from old barns.  I'm kind of really jealous of these guys for being able to build such a pretty little cabin.

And here are some plans to give you an idea of what WILL be going on eventually.  This has been a cool/challenging project because it's not a very big space.  It will take some trickery to pack in all of the uses they would like to get out of it.


Upper Floor - as you can see on the left there will be a gigantic bunk room that sleeps 10.  On the right is the master which has a lovely little deck that looks out on the canyon.


Kitchen elevation
Bench seat/book shelf/pull out bed wall elevation
Mud Room

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so amazing! Ah! Do you ever draw yourself imaginary palaces to live in? I bet your imaginary palaces are the most extraordinary imaginary palaces.

lbb said...

I love it Jess. Thanks for posting this. It's so fun to see, when I hear about it now I can picture it. Take more pics, k?
I want that wood in my home one day. And you as the designer. That is, if I can afford you. You're a big deal, ya know!
Love, ya sister.

{littlefam} said...

awesome! i love the staircase!

amanda james said...

what, who are you?

Jessica said...

So awesome Jess!

The Neil said...

Nice work Jess! I can't wait to see it all finished, especially that fireplace that you were talking about here.

P.S. if you need any sweet fabric samples, I have some.