Thursday, August 6, 2009

Labor Day 2009

This year instead of 3 days of back packing we're switching it up. What started as a plan to bike to St. George has morphed into biking to Lake Powell, but 300 miles is 300 miles right? right.

As always anyone/everyone's invited. And if your excuse is "I don't have a bike" - neither do I. Or if you're going with "I haven't done a lick of road biking all summer" - gotcha there again!

My answers to these problems are borrow and get going. Daily morning rides from my house to Big Cottonwood Canyon started this week. Planning to add a canyon ride a week in there as well. This week, Millcreek.

Come my friends it's time to start biking.

9 comments:

... said...

I like this idea. I have the issues you speak of...BUT
I also have a "you can do it" attitude. Even if I drive my Subie along side of you all and create fun pit-stops with good playlists from the car...I want in. I bring treats.

jmb said...

Mandy, I like you're attitude! And you better believe we're going to need all of the support we can get

Sarah M said...

sounds awesome. and i like the lake powell destination better. more suited for colling off and relaxing it seems. congrats on wanting to this in september in southern utah. hot. i suggest bringing one of the those water bottles with the fan attached.

ting19 said...

uummmm...somehow I missed the part about going to lake powell instead of st george - is this a recent thing or was i just not paying attention? it now seems a little more intriguing...

lbb said...

count me in for 2010, k?
we'll need char to learn to bike, jack to scooter, and rog in the trailer.
we having fun yet?

Unknown said...

I don't think me and my pregnant belly will be making it, but it sounds awesome.

chelsea b james said...

i scary

baughtronic said...

I want in. So so bad.

Alexis Poelman said...

you're so hard core man. i wish i was there to peddle along.