Sunday, February 22, 2009

Car Hunt

I'm afraid that I will have to go back on an offer I made in my previous post.  I will not be able to give anyone a ride in my silvery-blue-gray minivan*.  Sadly it seized up on the freeway last week and may or may not ever run again.  If you know of anyone looking for parts for a 1990 Dodge Caravan please send them my way.

In the mean time I'm on the hunt for a set of wheels - even though I really don't want them, yet can now admit that I need them.  Some criteria I'm interested in:

Decent gas mileage
Decent in snow (unfortunatly this doesn't seem to coordinate with the above criteria)
Decently style'n (Yes I realize (and you will too as you read on) that this is relative)
Under $2,000

Here is where KSL got me tonight:

Ok, this one happens to be way out of our budget, but it IS beautiful


Surprisingly in my budget, but would it be too creepy to be rolling around in this?  I wonder what my clients would think.


Yet another VW beauty.  In my budget, but I'm worried about the up-keep.  What a stellar look though.


I've always wanted a truck.  My concerns: 1. gas mileage 2. is it too butch?


I'm oddly drawn to this one and it's in my budget - I have a feeling it's my goldie locks find

Please send me links to more if you find any others!!!

*ps although I will not be able to give anyone a ride in the silver-blue-gray van Friday night to Park City - mark my words I will still be driving (something) up there, and I hope you're all there with me.

9 comments:

chelsea b james said...

wow girl you have the best taste. i love all of them, but if i had to choose one or two, it would be the black bus or the last vw silver car. do you like old volvo station wagon cars? i would give up my first born for one of those.

amanda james said...

those are all amaaazing. i don't know if these asian computer skew the pictures but the other little vw looks straight out of who killed roger rabbit ( i know you love this movie secretly). i don't know man, they're all goldmines. the mafia van would be my first pick, but yes the clients might think you're hiding a body in the back seat. i can see you driving all of those cars and working it...how much gas mileage does the truck get? that one is a gem.

The Neil said...

I like the van, and don't think it would be creepy, maybe if a dude was driving it, but not you.

Those are all solid choices though. Just follow your heart, that is what I would do.

The Neil said...

Or I never read Chelsea's post, but yeah, the old Volvo's are golden!!And I don't know if they made them in the Cross Country/AWD back then, but that is like the holy grail right there.

Anonymous said...

Jess, my nephew is a car dealer and visits the auction on a regular basis. Call me and I will put you in contact with him!! We purchase ALL our vehicles through him. Seriously...do not pay retail!!

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

I am pretty sure my dad has owned all of these cars. Good taste my friend. And if you are into VW my little bro knows everything about them, seriously it is one of his only three conversation topics. (plus he can fix/build anything related he has an old bus and a beetle) so if you need the skinny on any of that just hit em up.

drew said...

The van. Duh.

Unknown said...

I don't know Jess I really don't think you could go wrong with any of those beauties.

Allison said...

I love, love, love volkswagons. Between me and Tyson we have owned 5. I vote for the last one, the silver one. You can't go wrong with a VW.