Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A story about a hat


I was in Altonah, Utahr with my grandpa last week on a very coldie day (11 degrees F to be exact)
My brother and I were supposed to head out to the field to fix a fence (yes, this is what we do in my family) and it was sooooo cold out there that my grandpaps told me to wear his hat, which didn't look much unlike this beauty above.

Apparently I made too much of a fuss over how awesome I thought my grandpas hat was to him because when I went over to his house today he busted open his massive hat and jacket closet and pulled this beauty out (see below).  It's his old bomber hat (slightly less massive hairy than his new one) and INSISTED that I take it and use it since I liked his other one so much.

I plan to obey him and wear it as often as possible.  Not only is this guy lined with sheep skin - it's also down!  Thanks Grandpa!

7 comments:

Lacey said...

your grandpa sounds awesome, and that hat is pretty sweet! your ears won't even know what hit them!

Sarah M said...

i kinda love it. and by kinda i mean really.
i laughed at lacey's comment... your ears will be in for a shock.

Cardon + Kelly Webb said...

Sorry we missed u while we were in Utah. total bummer. Call me when u come to nyc. if u need a place to stay our door is always open.

Unknown said...

First of all I love that you fix fences.

Where can I get me one of those fine looking hats?

I love BOTH Lacey's and Sarah's comments. Funny friends.

Anonymous said...

What a loving jesture (sp) from your gruff ol' grandpa.

Nan and Ryan said...

What a nice gramps! So cute, and that model sporting it is super cute too.

Ashley said...

It's always a good idea to do as Papa Sid says. he he
You look adorable!!