Monday, December 1, 2008

Rachel's Challenge

I went to a lecture tonight about this girl who went to Columbine High School - the same time I was in high school actually - and she was the first to be shot by the boys who shot the school up in '98.  Anyway, her family has put together this organization and lectures.  It was really amazing.  I wish everyone in Salt Lake could have been there.  I think what stands out most about the whole thing is the compassion given, whether to the boys who did the shootings or others in her life.  It's an awesome message in a time with a lot of finger pointing.  Who created what problems, who's to blame.  It's a nice counterpoint to the meanness that goes around.
Now I can't say that the graphic design is the best (not like that matters, but this stuff stands out to me), but the concept of all of this is really nice, and a lot of the information about it can be found on the web site www.rachelschallenge.com.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

wow jess that sounds really interesting. such a crazy thing to have experienced and to be able to talk about it, wow.

lauren ann said...

I took some students to that last year.... it was amazing. I agree- everyone should experience it

lauren ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.