Thursday, August 14, 2008

Other Goings Ons

My blog is turning into a photo log - it just seems more interesting than what's going on in my head, so on with the show!This is Miss Frida who hung out at my house a few weeks ago while Adam and Chelsea were on a cruise with the family.
How cute is that puppy.
The yearly Great Salt Lake adventure was amazing!!! Except for the fact that it was the last (and practically the first) time I got to see Christy. It was a good celebration though - if anyone wants to go any time let me know, it's a new favorite of mine.
Then the Northern Idaho . . . I've been anticipating joining the James's in their neck of the woods for some time and it was the greatest. I love being single and some how becoming the adopted family member of all of the marrieds - for real it rocks. I love coming along on the adventures and as it turns out I'm really good at being 3rd, 5th, 7th, or even the 9th wheel.
First day = family bike ride. Chelsea James and her bike
Amanda James and her purple get up (including the bike)
We rode on an old road that followed old train tracks in and out of mountains and tunnels. There was a 2 mile tunnel that I practically screamed the whole way through. You can't see a thing and the boys kept riding ahead and jumping out of dark corners. I think the worst feeling in the world is being chased. It makes me want to stop and just get the catch over with. I'm so weak.
After the ride we ended up at a burger joint where the register lady called herself the "purple princess". Of course we had to bring Amanda in to challenge her.

In the end Cubby (Mandy's man) ended up giving her the purple bike for being such an awesome lady. I think she's truly going to appreciate that ride, she was so stoked.
This cheesy pic pretty much sums up the trip - and where I wanted to be the whole time, at the lake.
The James family beach house. They out grew the main house so now they build smaller buildings around to house all of the kids.
I slept in the airstream (one day you will be mine airstream!) with kitty. Here is how we would sleep.
Muskrat lake where Chelsea and Adam have the most lovely plot of land.
And of course I got to take part in the epic thrifting! This is Amanda trying on pants that most likely once belonged to an 11 year old boy.
This place was a gold mine - you got a box and could fill it with as many things as you want for $1! My favorite finds: an old hand grenade, an old school drafting lamp, and some bottles.
Here are Chelsea and Moe posing with all of our goods.
Amanda in her new magenta snow pants
Kenya in her new fanny pack.

2 comments:

The Neil said...

Wow... looks like someone is having a lame summer.

Jessica said...

Hey Girl, its been a while since I gave a shout out. Looks like you are having a blast! I saw Tingey at the ave's bakery a few times - that girl is the best.

Hey if you ever want to go pedal give me a ring! Jess Hadfield