Tuesday, May 19, 2009

South of here

Last weekend we packed up and headed south.  
I knew I had made good decision in weekend warrior companions when:

They let me stop in Helper to scope out the antique shops &  go the Helper Railway & Mining Museum (spent two hours there)

We found took way too many "from a speeding car" photos because we were so excited about being in the desert






When the first thing we did once in the swell was this


When we also spent most of the next day here doing this



When we got all bruised up on the first day from running around up here



When I fell asleep to this . . .

. . . and woke up to this (literally)

When my battery died from taking too pictures of the beauty so I missed out on photo documenting step by step the next 48 hours - which was probably good for me

We ended the weekend in Joe's Valley - a welcome change to the heat in the swell.  Turns out it's as much of a hippie/climber mecca as I've always heard - and we ate it right up.  Can't wait to go back.

And lastly, if I were to live out of the back of a car (which I seriously consider more often than you might think) I would hope I could do it with these two - they're the most prepared set of car campers out.

5 comments:

Sarah M said...

who are these two? lindsay and...? anyway, ja ja ja jealous. looks SO FUN. I am coming to SLC on Thursday night. I want to ride my bicycle with you. dry creek to bobsled? the crest? any other fun trails you've discovered since i've been gone?

jmb said...

you better be serious about these comments because you know i would be all about it

ting19 said...

i love it when i make the blog - it makes me feel like a celebrity! it was a pretty kick ass weekend...all you suckers (you know who you are) missed out!

chelsea b james said...

your picture are so pretty! yes please!! wow your camp spot is stunning, i wanna go. good to hear you spent some time in hoppin helper. did you go to rock cafe? my artist buddies run that place. man, nick plays the guitar too? man with many talents

Ashley said...

I haven't seen your hair short yet...super cute!! Your trip looks amazing. Chad is comin' home Thursday. Can you believe it?!