Thursday, July 17, 2008

You know who's the coolest? Lindsay. Why you ask? just cause

and because she takes a helicopter to work in the morning,
and sleeps on a cot in the mountains at night,
and collects samples from the Alaskan Range mountain tops,
with a hammer that looks like this.
and mostly because she's just doing her thang - do'n it and do'n it and do'n it well.
and if you are a geo nerd and/or you are reluctantly living in the lower 48 like me you can live vicariously through her if you wish.

7 comments:

ting19 said...

wow, I'm pretty sure I don't deserve all that but thanks cuz! I miss you lots and lots and I wish you were up here with me everyday...we'll have our fun in the mountains soon enough:)

The Neil said...

I remember Lindsay being kinda nerdy, and uncoordinated.

Of course I am just kidding, and super jealous. I think I am heading up to the 'upper 1' (is that what they call AK if we are in the 'lower 48') in the middle of August!! Can't wait!

jmb said...

Aw, come on now don't be bashful - you are living the dream, well my dream, besides the geological stuff anyway.
Neil I'm jealous! Are you visiting Mandy? She may be one of Lindsays pilots one of these days from the looks of what she's up to.

Allison said...

You are not going to believe this, but I have always wanted to be a geologist.

There are a lot of days I wish I could bit a bit more like your cousin. Too bad I don't have the guts.

Unknown said...

I'm like Allison. I would love to do what Lindsay does, but would probably never have the guts to do it. I think it's fascinating. I admire her for her courage and just livin the dream. Awesome picture.

... said...

hey...i know that range. i live in that mountain range...and i know that helicopter. the pilots are my neighbors...

hmmm

weird

... said...

did a little research into that there helicopter...

its flown by our friend named aaron...weird.

neil...get your butt to AK